MENU

Slide

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Brand Review: Gel Eyeliners



Ahhhh, i've know lots of you girls have been waiting for this!
I've received lots of comments/emails asking me to do
a review/recommendation on gel liners.






Most of you would know i'm an avid lover of gel liners!

Simple because, i have oily skin,

Pencil liners would simply melt into my lids after afew hours,
Some liquid liners would flake/i simply can't get the thickness i want.


So i turned to gel liners 2 years ago!
My 1st jar was the M.A.C Fluidline in Black track,
I feel that a good quality liner brush is very important
for easy application of gel liners.















  • Stila Smudgepot in Black
  • Maybelline Gel-liner in 01 Black
  • M.A.C Fluidline in Blacktract
  • M.A.D Minerals indelible gel-liner in Magnetism (Black w/ Gold flecks)





It's important to get a good liner brush!
I've got the M.A.C 208 angled-brush and i think it's really good
& it really makes it easier to draw a nice proper line.




You can consider cheaper alternatives from Coastal Scents too
if you don't wanna spend to much on the MAC brush:


http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/
1439_37/pink-angle-taklon-liner-brush.cfm

http://www.coastalscents.com/cfwebstore/index.cfm/product/
773_37/shadowliner-brush.cfm









For me, my eyeliners have to be waterproof
cos my eyes get tear-y very easily.
it has to be smudgeproof and not so easily rubbed off
cos i tend to rub my eyes when it's itchy although i know it's a bad habit!




(It's labelled! Click to enlarge!)







Let's see if it's waterproof as all of the gel liner claims yeah?



I ran the tap for at least 30 seconds.



Waterproof test paaaaass!
Non of the liner, smudged or whatever~









If it's waterproof.. how about some ruuuuubbing?


I rub until my hands are red from all the rubbing already!
Stila & M.A.D Minerals liner got rubbed off
but Maybelline & M.A.C remain all the same!

And of course i left the liner on my hand for the rest of the day..
the Maybelline & M.A.C didnt fade off at all,
While M.A.D mineral's faded off more than Stila's.








I'm really surprised that the Maybelline liner
is as good as the M.A.C one, with the price of S$19.90,
inclusive of a liner brush as well..

But i don't really recommend you to use the brush they provided.
I'd rather you get a better brush from M.A.C
or the ones from Coastal Scents.

If you're looking for a cheaper gel liner, get the Maybelline one!
or else.. it'll def be the M.A.C Fluidline,
but be sure to close the lid very very tightly
or it would actually dry out if you don't use it for a period of time.







The Maybelline EyeStudio Gel-liner is 1st on the COSME chart
& Bobbi Brown comes in 2nd!









Many of you keep asking how to do draw my eyeliner,
But i've actually done the tutorial!
It's in the "basic eye makeup" on the links area.

Hahahs, and i get comments like
"omg, you draw like so easy.. but it's so hard?!" etc.
Practise makes perfect! & get a good brush! (:






1. Use your finger and gently pull the side of your eye.
(Gently! you don't want any fine lines forming right?)

2. Using a angled eyeliner brush,
dab abit of the eyeliner gel. And draw half of your eyelids.
Follow your natural lashline, and draw as close as possible!

3. Draw and connect to the liner line in the middle.




4. I'm gonna start drawing the lower rims of my eye.

5. Draw till the middle of the eyes.

6. We're done with the eyeliner!

No comments: